If you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner that your family is sure to enjoy, try this BBQ Flatbread Pizza.
1 t. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
Prepared Flatbread pizza dough
1/3 C. plus 2 T. BBQ sauce
8 oz. shredded chicken or pork
2/3 C. grated smoked gouda or gruyere cheese
2/3 C. grated mozzarella cheese
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl. Mix with chopped chicken or pork.
3. Lay flatbread on baking sheet and spread with the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, leaving a 3/4-inch border.
4. Top with the chicken, cheese and red onion.
5. Place pizza in oven and bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, 10-15 minutes.
Other topping suggestions:
+ Pear, gorgonzola, chicken, balsamic vinegar glaze
+ Mozzarella, pesto, tomato
Original recipe can be found here.